These 52 magnetic uppercase and lowercase letters make a colourful jumble of learning possibilities. The magnets store conveniently in their handy wooden case. Ideal for letter recognition, matching, and stenciling, these must-have letters spell “learning fun”!
Letter Magnets Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- SING IT! Have kids place the uppercase letters on a magnetic surface as you slowly sing the alphabet song. Once the letters are lined up, sing the song together as you point to the letters. Repeat the activity using the lowercase letters.
- OUT OF ORDER Starting with the magnets in alphabetical order, have kids close their eyes while you switch a few of the letters. Have kids figure out what’s out of order and fix the alphabet.
- WORD SCRAMBLE Using uppercase letters, jumble together the letters of a familiar word (box, chair, house) and challenge kids to unscramble the letters to spell the word. When they have done so, then have kids find the matching lowercase letters to spell the same word.
- PATTERN POWER Create a color pattern with three magnets. Have kids repeat the color pattern with other magnets. Have kids sort the letters into uppercase and lowercase or vowels and consonants. Create a pattern using the groups (for instance: vowel, consonant, consonant . . . or, lowercase, uppercase, lowercase . . .) and have kids continue the pattern with other magnets.
- Caution – Small Parts
- Dimensions: 8″ x 5.5″ x 2″