The Language Builder Picture Nouns set is a tremendous tool for teaching key language concepts to preschool age children; children and adults with autism, developmental delay, or speech/language delay; or to anyone first learning or re-learning basic language skills. Experts in the developmental and language fields have provided guidance in content and format, and each image has been specially selected for its familiarity and appeal to children, as well as for its place in cognitive development. The Language Builder Picture Nouns set is designed to teach:
- Receptive Labeling (“show me the apple” “give me the book”)
- Expressive Labeling (“what is it?”)
- Matching Identical Cards
- Matching Similar Cards
- Sorting into Categories
- Adjectives, Functions, Storytelling and more
This 350 card set includes stunning, child-pleasing, bright, photographic images from nine basic categories: animals, foods, vehicles, furniture, clothing, toys, everyday objects, shapes, and colors. The Language Builder: Picture Noun Card set is the only flashcard set to offer the Basic Stage Set.
- Fifteen images (105 cards) are Basic Stage Cards.
- In Stage One, two identical images are on white backgrounds.
- In Stage Two, five similar images are in their natural settings.
- The basic stage cards teach matching, labeling, and categorization skills.
The back of each card is numbered and gives a label and category for the image, as well as suggested activities appropriate to the card. An included activity booklet provides more detailed instruction ideas. The cards are coated with a hi-gloss varnish for durability and all images appear horizontally for consistent presentation. The set also comes with divider cards, preprinted stickers for custom organizing, and a sturdy “work-from” box. Each card is a standard photo 3 ½” x 5″ size to allow easy incorporation of your own pictures.
If you have any questions about the Language Builder Picture Nouns set, please do get in touch.