A fun way of developing a naming vocabulary through play.
Opens up many language opportunities with a variety of easily recognised everyday objects relating to the child’s familiar surroundings. There are nine groups of four items for example:
- Clothes – boots, sweater, trousers, coats
- Animals – cat, dog, bird, fish
- Garden – flower, tree, butterfly, wheelbarrow
- Home – TV, clock, lamp, radio
- Toys – teddy, puzzle, car, ball.
Knowing the names of objects (nouns) increases children’s vocabulary and helps them to put two and three words together.